Monday, April 6, 2009

the valuable experience about the rsearch project

The valuable experience about the research project
Time has flown since the bridging course began and we have stepped into the second semester which concentrates on the academic writing. One of the most important aspects of academic writing is doing the research project. In my opinion, the purpose of doing this kind of report is to develop our learning skills and critical thinking which play an important role in our future study.
Because of the limited time, all of us began to prepare it as soon as possible. Full of curiosity and confidence, I jointed the discussion. It seems that things went quite well and we came up with ten topics quickly. After careful comparison and discussion, the best one is immediately selected, which is the most challenging one. We all agree that we need to improve ourselves through this project and this will become a valuable experience in our future life. Full of interests and hopes, we chose this without hesitation. There is an old saying that the most difficult part of everything is the beginning. For we have successfully chose the topic, I am sure the next few steps will be more smooth.
However, the thing is not it seems to be. We came across some difficulties when we talked about the details. Some practical problems appeared. The way we developed the topic and questionnaires, the suggestions we can made, the specific purpose and some other things that we need to face and solve. Through various ways, we tried our best to improve it. Although the process is a little hard, we made it at last and really learned a lot from it.
This is just a beginning of our research project. In order to make our project perfect, there is still a long way for us to go. It is exactly through the various difficulties that our skills and minds developed. Just like Helen Keller’s words, “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthen, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” Through the effort and corporation of us all, I am sure that we can achieve our goals.

3 comments:

  1. Frankly speaking, I feel a warm current in my heart after reading this blog. The feeling is really wonderful and cannot be described by my poor expression. The tough but meaningful process of our research comes into my mind vividly and it is as clear as the blue sky. Now we can say confidently and proudly that so far, so good. Everything is on its right way. Each of us is happy and excited. Half of our task has been done by now and we have been a few days ahead than other groups. I believe that it will not take a long time before we finish our first report. Finally, I want to say that I feel very lucky and very happy to be a member of our group. We are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really a pity that I read this blog after a long time since you wrote it. Of course, our topic is not a easy one and the difficulties we meet are quite tough, but we have gone through most of the difficulties. Now we are facing the last several steps to finish our first draft. After three weeks cooperation, we five people’s relationship become more close and we get to know each other better. To tell the truth, I have never experienced working in a group so happily. Although our research report is going to the end, I believe our friendship will never be weakened, instead, with the time passing by our friendship will become closer and closer.
    At last, I wish our research report will be the best one among all the SM3 student’s work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is luck for me to read this blog after we finish our entire project. In retrospect, it is really a princess treasure for me. Through this research, i have learned a lot, not only the basic skills and ways to do a research report, more importantly, i have learned a lot from all of you, my teammates. I can never make such great progress without all of yours help. I firmly believe this experience will be rooted in my heart and all of you will have a nice future. Maybe we argued will each other in the discussion, i think it is a path for us to grow up more quickly. Thank you all of you, my teammates.

    ReplyDelete